3 September 2011

Day 41


Distance Covered: 73miles
Total Distance Covered: 8241miles

A pretty short drive meant we were at our next destination by lunchtime, another river camping spot, this time a slightly bigger river. A very relaxing afternoon followed where Jeremy fished, Hugh did a spring clean and I read my book in the sun and did some washing up. During the washing up, whilst trying to rinse items in the river I slipped on the muddy banks straight into the river, after the initial shock I re-gained my senses and decided I may as well wash my now wet clothes, every cloud has a silver lining as I now have slightly cleaner trousers. Hugh did the same later on and after this we all decided to make the most of the fresh water and have a dip and a quick wash. The water was rather cold but refreshing and to be honest we all needed the wash.
At the agreed Tea time (4 o’clock) Jeremy returned with two more hefty Greyling and we discussed the afternoon’s events and our itinerary over a cup of tea. After tea I tried my hand at fishing, Jeremy promptly caught a Lenok whilst showing me the ropes and with my first cast I caught another, boom two nights supper sorted! I was pretty happy with this result as im sure you can imagine, time for our second tea break. During said tea break Jeremy kindly informed us he had spotted an abandoned crate of beer on his fishing travels so, doing the right thing we went on a quest and claimed salvage rights on the afore mentioned crate, now supper and accompanying drinks were accounted for. Preparing the fish we decided to try and better the previous nights efforts by concocting a garlic, tomato and mixed herb stuffing. Due to the distinct lack of trees and therefore firewood we had to resort to a rather inferior disposable BBQ to cook the fish and it only just managed to do that due to intense wafting sessions from Hugh and Jeremy whenever the heat started to die off. All efforts where worth it in the end though, the long hours spent fishing, the stuffing and even the wafting paid off as we were treated to some delicious, seasoned BBQ greyling and Lenok.

1 comment:

  1. hey Joe, Hugh and Jeremy, great to meet you yesterday, surprised to see a British Ambulance, but even more surprised to see you guys inside it!

    We made it to Tsetserleg last night and are now having a rest for a couple of days. Hope you made it to the hot springs.

    Enjoy the 450km of tarmac to UB and the last few days of your trip! Best of luck reaching your charity target and well done for getting all the way here!

    Cheers
    Liz & Chris
    www.bikeabout.co.uk

    ReplyDelete